These Garden Friends Biscuits are ideal for the whole family and they are very easy to make and decorate thanks to our new icing pen.
We used our Garden Friends Cookie Cutters to make these biscuits
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Decorating time– 20 minutes
- 250g butter, softened
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 1 pack of ready to roll icing
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoons water
- Food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Fan 160°C, gas mark 4).
- Mix the softened butter and sugar in a large bowl
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla essence and beat together until well mixed
- Sieve the plain flour into the bowl and stir until all the mixture is combined
- This should form a biscuit dough, if it still look a little flaky use your hands to kneed it together
- You will need to put the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes if you are planning on using any cutters
- When the dough is cooled sprinkle your kitchen surface with a little flour and roll out the dough to about 1cm in thickness
- Use the cutters and place the cut out dough on a lined baking tray. Or if you are using our silicone prep mat just pop them on this. Or even easier roll the dough onto the mat and then simply cut the shapes out and remove the excess dough.
- Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes and let them cool.
- Ideally, leave your ready to roll icing in a warm place for 1-2 hours before kneading.
- Kneed the icing and roll it out on a flat clean surface using some extra icing sugar to dust the surface
- Use the cutters to cut out the biscuit shapes and put the icing on the biscuits
- Mix the icing sugar with the water to create a thick icing texture and add in your choice of food colouring
- Add the icing to the icing pen and get decorating
- Leave them to dry and then they are ready to eat!